Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Ipreordered the Samsung s21 ultra before it was released. I

Hi, ipreordered the Samsung s21 ultra before it was released. I got the two weeks later. Less than 30 days after starting to use the phone,it was overheating and lots of time when I was on a call with my family,it just cutoff the call.i have been in contact with Samsung online shop and it has been now 3 months but not
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: They keep promising that a replacement phone will be sent until now nothing has been done. I an starting to think that they just do not want to exchange the phone. Can anyone help m please?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am in the UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have talked to different people from the online shop I also received an email from one of the that she will follow it very closely but nothing.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok. Thank you.

Hi there,

If you buy any product and experience problems with it, you have some statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act

The Act states the car must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” and “as described”.

You have a right to reject something faulty and you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

After 30 days you lose the short-term right to reject the goods. and you’ll also have fewer rights, such as only being able to ask for a repair or replacement, or a partial refund.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction .If you'd prefer to keep the goods in question, you can request an appropriate price reduction under section 24 of the Consumer Rights act.

As the issue with the new phone has been notified to the seller within the first 30 days, you are entitled to full refund or a new replacement phone.

If the seller is refusing to offer refund or a new phone, then you can reject the phone and recover the full cost paid for it via a small claims proceedings.

You need to send a letter before claim to the seller asking for the refund within 14 days of the letter.

If that seller still fails to refund your deposit, then you can start your court claim online using the below link-

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok. Thank you very much.

You are welcome. Best wishes.