How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7971
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I need some advice about Infringement of Copyright, I have a

This answer was rated:

I need some advice about Infringement of Copyright
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: I have a letter
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Nothing has been filed as yet, unless I pay a fee to them for using their image without permission
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that the image was used on our facebook page as we offer cleaning services. I did not set up the page myself, so was unaware but it has now been brought to our attention almost 3 years later. I have removed the image as soon as I knew and thought that the person would request for removal rather than request money upfront.


I am a solicitor.

How much money has been requested and how did they request this money?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello, they have asked for £300.00. Here is the letter sent

Thank you.

You may ignore the letter if you wish to as it is unlikely that the person will go to court, or you may offer say £50 in full and final settlement.

Only a court may order you to pay and the person would need to show what damages they have suffered by your infringement.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for looking into this for me. I will return to the sender and offer a settlement of £50.00 and see what happens.Kind regardsNadene

Good luck Nadene.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you