UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need some advice about Infringement of Copyright, I have a

I need some advice about Infringement of Copyright
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: I have a letter
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Nothing has been filed as yet, unless I pay a fee to them for using their image without permission
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that the image was used on our facebook page as we offer cleaning services. I did not set up the page myself, so was unaware but it has now been brought to our attention almost 3 years later. I have removed the image as soon as I knew and thought that the person would request for removal rather than request money upfront.

I am a solicitor.

How much money has been requested and how did they request this money?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello, they have asked for £300.00. Here is the letter sent

You may ignore the letter if you wish to as it is unlikely that the person will go to court, or you may offer say £50 in full and final settlement.

Only a court may order you to pay and the person would need to show what damages they have suffered by your infringement.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for looking into this for me. I will return to the sender and offer a settlement of £50.00 and see what happens.Kind regardsNadene

Good luck Nadene.

All the best