MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Do you deal with HE related matters? London, UK, I emailed

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Do you deal with HE related matters?
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this? What country does he live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: London, UK
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: I emailed admissions and contested their decision to take the unconditional offer away from me. Their response was not positive, stating that the unconditional offer that they initially granted me was an error. I then emailed the study department and complained ( stage 1).
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: By law, can a university grant an unconditional offer and then take it away saying it was an error? Do I have a chance to win the case?

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today. Could you please let me know some more information about the circumstances. If I do not reply straight away it is because I am offline. I will respond as soon as I am back online and have received your response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (L131ZPS)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (MQ4Q56M)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (32G4Z2T)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (MV46T77)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I hope you are well and safe and thank you for your reply.
I need your advice on the following HE related issue.
On 7th April 2021, University of East London (UEL) offered me an unconditional offer for the above mentioned programme and requested from me to accept it ( please see attached document 1). I immediately accepted the offer and then received another email confirming my unconditional place for this programme ( please see attached document 2). On the same day, I contacted the University and requested advice on the enrolment process and how to make full payment. Following this communication, I then received another email informing me that the unconditional offer was just an error and that I had to wait for almost another two weeks for the final outcome. On the 19th April 2021, I received an email informing me that my application was unsuccessful ( please see attached document 3).
I am very passionate about this field and I believe that I met all the criteria; I have all the skills and knowledge needed to complete this programme successfully. The attached unconditional offer that UEL offered me, and which I accepted, is a legally binding one and I requested UEL to fulfill its duty towards it. Please note that during the interview, I was informed that the outcome of the interview would be released during the first week of April 2021. Therefore, receiving the unconditional offer during this timeframe was as expected. However, this sudden change and unexpected delay to the outcome of the interview is unfair and suspicious!
I initially emailed Michelle (*****@******.***) who is in charge of the postgraduate admissions department in order to resolve this matter. However, unfortunately, the outcome was not positive. I then contacted UEL and was advised to send an email to***@******.***. On Thursday 20th May 2021, I emailed them and also called them to check whether they received my email and to find out about their complaint process. The lady who spoke with me on the phone confirmed receipt of the email. She also advised me that I would receive a response to it during w/b 24th May 2021. Unfortunately, I did not receive any reply. On Tuesday 1st June 2021, I sent them a follow up email and requested them to advise me on how the complaint process works within their institution for cases like this one and I am still waiting for their response.
Please see attached a track record of all our email communications.
I require your advice on how to proceed.
Thank you and best wishes,
Mostapha Alfaour BSc / MSc / AMBDA / MBPsS
Mental Health and Disability Specialist Support Worker and Assessor

The actions you have taken to date are correct and useful to keep as a record of the correspondence between yourself and UEL. This will be extermely useful in the appeals process.

The Appeals process for UEL is detailed at https://www.uel.ac.uk/-/media/digital-team-docs/student-appeals/appendix-c.ashx?la=en&hash=EAED37328BD11DF55C02C850E61C51FCA578FBE5

Follow this a course of action.

An important document to consider can be found at https://www.uel.ac.uk/about/about-uel/governance/policies-regulations-corporate-documents/student-policies/manual-of-general-regulations

This should be considered carefully before submission of the appeal.

General information is also available at https://www.uel.ac.uk/about/about-uel/governance/policies-regulations-corporate-documents/student-policies/student-appeals

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. 1. Do you think I have a good case? and 2. should I send another gentle reminder or just wait? 3. Do you think I should assign a solicitor to act on my behalf? 4. Should I send email to student union to advise me on this? 5. Those links that you sent me are referring to students who are currently studying at UEL but I could not find any section that is relevant to someone like me who is not a current student but an applicant and a potential student. Could you advise me on where exactly I need to look at? Thank you

1. I cannot comment on the prospects of success but recommend making an appeal.
2. Yes send another gentle reminder and specify a date for response.
3. Yes it would be good to speak to a local solicitor to help.
4. Yes the students union will have dealt with this previously.
5. You can contact ucas on 0345(###) ###-####their normal opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00.

Thanks for your enquiry. When you receive an email, could you leave feedback as it really helps my ratings?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your response. Please note that I did not apply for the Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology through UCAS. This is a direct application. I am still unsure where to find the section in their complaint's procedure that is relevant to my case!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Based on the documents and all the info I provided you with and as a solicitor, I thought you would be able to comment on the prospect of my case. Hiring a local solicitor is so expensive and this is why I joined this platform. are you a solicitor and are you able to act on my behalf?

Yes I am prepared to assist with the case would you like me to send you a proposal?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please

Thanks. I have sent a customised service proposal. I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will you act on my behalf or is that just a phone call service?

Please read the terms and conditions of justanswer user agreement and reply be return. Thanks.

Alternatively I can provide details of another solicitor that may be able to formally act on your behalf.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please!

Which do you prefer. The customised service or further details?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
details of another solicitor that may be able to formally act on my behalf

Can you let me know your location. Nothing that will review you me address but enough to check by distance?

* reveal

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Bexleyheath, London

***** ***** on +44 (0)3333 231 586

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think anywhere in England would be fine as the service these days would be done remotely, via zoom and emails. The most important thing is experience and qualifications!

3PB London, 3 Paper Buildings, Temple,London, EC4Y 7EU

Is there anything else I can help with this evening. Sorry it’s so late.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Looking at his profile, ***** ***** advises corporate and private clients who find themselves in commercial dispute and my case is a HE related one!Thank you!

I assure you ***** ***** is our point of contact at 3PB Direct. 3PB Direct provide specialist legal advice in University Appeals, where a student may not have been treated fairly by their University or College.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you! Sorry, I probably looked at another ***** *****. This is appreciated. It is easy to find solicitors but to find someone who charges reasonably is not easy! How much would they charge? Or how much would be a reasonable rate for cases like mine?

A reasonable rate for an well experienced education solicitor is in the region of £225/hour. Request that they provide a fixed fee service if possible to protect yourself from unforeseen expenses.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you! Good night! Your support is appreciated! I will give you good ratings

Great thanks.