plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am trying to find out if a party who has threatened legal

I am trying to find out if a party who has threatened legal action is represented by a solicitor, and, if so, who is the solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have emailed Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court (referred by Warwick County Court/Justice Centre, Leamington Spa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The law firm the claimant claims to represent her is Mander Hadley in Kenilworth, but I have heard nothing from them.

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

What makes you think they are not represented, if they have said they have a solicitor acting for them?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have received letters from the claimants but not from a solicitor.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What’s the ‘additional amount? (For a phone call)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can’t afford that at the moment, sorry
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have called the law firm, Mander Hadley, in Kenilworth, but they won’t give any information or answer why I have not heard from them

We can resolve this without a phone call, I am sure, so I don't feel that the additional cost is something you need to spend.

The details of the firm in question are here: https://www.manderhadley.co.uk

If they have instructed someone from this firm, you should be able to call their switchboard and give the parties' names in the case, asking for who the file handler is and their contact details so you can make contact with them directly.

If they have not instructed someone, then there will be no-one assigned to the file and you will find that out too. If they are giving no information whatsoever it's likely that they haven't been instructed yet.

Can I clarify anything further at this stage?

Further, if the firm is instructed, there would be a file reference on your correspondence.

Can you forward the letter she has sent you, I can check over this to see if there is anything that indicates differently, to be sure.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That’s very useful. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ll try your first suggestion. If it seems necessary to forward the letter, can I get back to you?

Absolutely - the thread remains open so you can pop back at anytime with a follow up. I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Thanks for your question and happy to have been able to help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

My pleasure.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter