INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

2 years ago we were given a caravan. We let a homeless man

2 years ago we were given a caravan. We let a homeless man stay in it on the understanding that he would pay £50 a week and we paid the first 3 months for him. The site owner is owed at least 6 months rent. He has moved the caravan into his own garden as he needs the pitch for paying quests. He has told the homeless man he needs to find somewhere else to live he has started throwing food rubbish on the site owner garden. We told him he had 14 days to move on as we need the caravan moving but has not moved when I speak to him he just replies I don't know what he's doing. Can you advise what we can do
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: He was given a letter 6 weeks ago telling him to leave by the site owner. Two weeks ago I went down and said he had until today to move on and he hasn't. I offered to help him claim benifits, that I could get him a tent etc and I get the same reply I'm not claiming benifits and I haven't decided what to do
JA: Where is the caravan located?
Customer: In the garden of the owner of decoy farm lincoln
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing I can think of

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

In the absence of an agreement, I am of the opinion that the Homeless Man ('HM') has a licence to occupy and a licence to occupy can be terminated by providing reasonable notice.

I note you have provided 14 days notice, which is sufficient. If at the end of the 14 days, he does not vacate, you would be entitled to remove him.

No Court Order would be required as this is a caravan and the Housing Act would not apply in this situation as this is not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou for your help. If he refuses to go do I call the police

You're welcome.

Good luck!