How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4732
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

What do I have to do to get access to see my daughter, no, I

This answer was rated:

hi Jim what do I have to do to get access to see my daughter
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no, I don't really know what to do
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I think it's Liverpool but my ex lives in preston so not sure
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thanks for your help
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
could I also have a rough idea of the cost please

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok James thankyou, hopefully it will be resolved quickly so I can see my daughter again
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
sorry I don't have the money until I get paid a week on fri
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
should I get back in touch when I have the money, sorry I didn't know I would have to pay anything apart from the trial fee

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok great,I have looked online at what I'd need to do for my circumstances and that does mention mediation,do you have any idea of costings please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
oh and steps I'd need to take to put this in place

If you wish to have contact and access with your daughter, then the starting point for that is to discuss and request this with the other parent.

If they refuse, or will not discuss the matter with you, then you would need to apply for mediation to try and resolve the matter. Should that fail, or the other party refuses to take part, you would be give a certificate to show you tried. You can then progress to the family court and make a C100 application for a child arrangements hearing to take place. A judge will here the case, and then decide on the matter.

You may depending on your circumstances be entitled to legal aid. The link here will assist with that. Enter your postcode select family and a list of local,legal aid firms will appear. If not entailed to legal aid, they can still assist as a private client.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok that's what it said online thankyou

Your very welcome. Good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
how do i apply for mediation?

There are a number of companies who offer this service. You would need to enter a search online to find a local one to where you live, simply look for family mediation service.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok thankyou James

Your welcome.

james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you