Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I am having trouble getting an email reply from a hot tub

I am having trouble getting an email reply from a hot tub company about a faulty heater unit for my hot tub. It has been returned to the company twice for repair and broke again 2 weeks ago. I emailed them the same night and they replied, 2 days later, with some instructions we were to follow to see if the pipes were blocked and asked us to video the process and send it to them. We did that the same night and emailed the video straight away. This was 8 days ago and I have had no reply back from them. I have subsequently sent a further 5 emails to see what the hold up is but have had no reply. There is no phone number available on their website so I have no other way of getting in touch. The heater unit has obviously been faulty since we got it. We saved hard to be able to buy this hot tub and we are unable to use it. It is distressing me greatly. What can I do to get in touch with them?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am near Inverness in Scotland but the company are based in Newcastle England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve just explained the steps I’ve taken
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

I suggest you send an email to the company threatening further action such as filing a complaint with the trading standards or ombudsman in the event you do not receive a response within 7 days. Assuming you do not not receive a response i suggest you consider filing the complaint with the trading standards as they can assist you with regards ***** ***** issue since it appears your rights under the Consumer Rights Act has been breached.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Many thanks for your help. I will do as you’ve suggested. Andrea