SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My Son signed up for a modeling agency he 18 and they took a

My Son signed up for a modeling agency he 18 and they took a thousand pounds from him saying he will get gigs and jobs and it been a waist of time he received nothing only empty promises can he get his money back?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Hackney
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have cancel it and asked for my money back they said they will look into it and give me a call...they never called back.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was unaware of the expansive package it was very misleading.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Also I paid a deposit of £50.00 and was told it just to make sure you come on the day. I kept my appointment and two weeks later I asked for it and they returned it two weeks later.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you will I get advice now?

Thank you for your patience. Whether he can get a full refund or anything at all will depend on the terms and conditions of the contract. If the promises were mere bluffing and were not terms of his contract with them he will not at law be entitled to a refund. If the contract gives a breakdown of what the £1,000.00 covers and some or all of the elements have not been delivered then he could rely on breach of contract to claim it back. Since they have not given a denial of liability straight away I would say that keep contacting them and ask them  for a copy of the contract and terms and conditions to see what it is your son agreed to  and whether from these it  is clear he could claim a refubd if jobs did not materialise.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.

Did you want to have a call with me please? I have been notified of your call acceptance and I am happy to call you if you have consented to the fixed fee for the call,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I do not want a call thank you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well the money is out of my account so I'll accept a call.

Hi, you do not need to take the call if you do not want it. Although I am happy to call you I am not comfortable to do so if you are not happy to pay for it. The money will have just been marked for JA but if the call does not happen you can send an email to***@******.*** and they will release it back. You probably accepted it without realising.

Let me know your decision.