How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1022
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Hmm I will try to explain it but it might be a little hard

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hmm I will try to explain it but it might be a little hard to explain on chat
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: May be. I live in Slough and need to sort out a few thing in Mauritius abroad as my family is there and I am in Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Try to call a few solicitors
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My mum passed away about a year ago and she has house on her name. Me and and my two sisters are the inheritance. She has got a bank account with not too much. My sisters needs to be able to withdraw the money. As I am in Uk, it is becoming for them to do that. I need to know hoe to go ahead with it?

Good morning, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear that you have lost your mother. Your sister will need to go into the bank with your mother's death certificate and the Will if there is one and they will tell her what she needs to do. For the house you will need a Mauritius Grant of Probate.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She has been to the bank and they said that I need to contact a solicitor here in UK from my side

Perhaps you need a power of attorney to authorise your sister to go to the bank?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that is what they meant. But I would like to know what the power of attorney let them do.

It means you authorise your sister in your place, to access the bank accounts.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would that give then rights to do anything with house, like sell or rent it or anything else?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How much would that cost?

Yes if that was included in the Document. It would cost around £250 plus VAT.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there any chance I can talk to you before I make my decision?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to ask you if they can also use it to change the my mum's utilities bill account name onto my sisters names?

Yes, if you are all named as executors in the Will, but you will still need the Grant of Probate I think to transfer the house.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She has not made any Will. Just only need mum bill account utilities account name changed, not the house

Yes, so if the utility people need authority from all of the children you could use the Power of Attorney for that too.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do I go ahead from here now. I need to make sure I speak to you to finalise it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What information would you need to go ahead with it?

Hi I will offer premium service so that we can progress this.

MarianC and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have accepted the offer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Now what do I need to do please? I am a bit lost. I do not know how do I go ahead getting in touch with you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Ravisen B****

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

My name is********

Ok so if you want to me prepare this for you please email me and I will close this thread.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What do I need to mention on the email?

I have emailed you back.