12826847

I have been issued a FPN for speeding. I have concerns over

I have been issued a FPN for speeding. I have concerns over the signage and also over why the speed limit was reduced (apparently 5 years ago) as no issues had been recorded in the road in question. Also, although the road is a dual carriageway, the police do not enforce the limit on one side as nowhere to park the speed camera. So if safety was the REAL reason for the limit reduction, why are motorists heading in the opposite direction treated in the same manner.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: south Shields, King George Road, A1018
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: i don’t as it was under 40, the limit it was previously. But I was just seeing if what i have stated could bring into question the enforcement of the law as it is only enforced in one direction
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: think thats it, thanks

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Simply, using the info I have briefly provided, would it be worth challenging the fine. Genuinely did not know the limit had been reduced, even thought it was 4 years ago, I belief the signage is insufficient to notify drivers of the speed limit on the road. The actual sign is on a completely different road so close to a roundabout that drivers would not be looking at traffic ahead or on the roundabout. And also the fact that they only enforce one direction even though both sides are 30mph hope that makes sense
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Line has cut iff after 2 mins of waiting

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.