How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4809
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My son who is vulnerable due to psychosis is in prison in

This answer was rated:

Hello there, my son who is vulnerable due to psychosis is in prison in Bristol and due in court on 17th next. I have been asked to arrange for a solicitor to represent him but have no idea about the best people to contact and I wondered if you could help me .
JA: Has your son talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your son live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No contact with any lawyer yet, my son is British and normally resides in Gloucester, UK.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My ex wife rang me this morning to ask me to arrange a solicitor, as far as I know no steps have been taken prior to me contacting you. Having never been in this position before I’m somewhat in the dark !
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No one has told us the reason for him being held, sorry I can’t be more help ..

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Very sorry to hear about your sons condition and being in prison.

He will receive medical help whilst there.
If he needs to instruct a solicitor or you need to on his behalf, then you need to find a good local crops i all law firm to help him.

There are some very good local forms in Bristol who can help.

Legal aid will be available for him

The link below will allow you to find a local criminal law firm in the Bristol area.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello James, thank you for your reply - I rang the Civil Legal Advice Service and they told me that a third party (me) cannot arrange legal representation as it has to be done by him so I have a phone number for him to use - I just hope he's able to arrange it !
Thank you for your help - he may use the link you kindly sent,
Best regards, Mike (his Dad).

Correct, legal aid cannot be applied for by you for him, but you can contact a local law firm to ask them to arrange to see him

As well as that link, he can also find good law firms in the inside paper that is available free in the prison.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you James, hopefully he will call me soon so I can let him know, take care, Mike

Your welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you