INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My husband has been pulled over by the police and had his

Hi my husband has been pulled over by the police and had his car searched 5 times in the last month. The police are saying they have intelligence that his vehicle is involved in drugs. My husband is not a drug dealer and it is causing us stress they are making him take drug tests which he passed. It feels like harrassment and we just wanted advice on how to handle the situation please?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No he hasn't been arrested or charged with anything he hasn't done anything wrong
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Newcastle Upon Tyne
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that my husband is black and from Jamaica so possible sterotyping?

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you filed a formal complaint with the Police?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No we are not sure what we should do and crime intelligence came to our house and were asking me questions about the car and if my husband was involved in anything dodgy which he is not

You should first file a formal complaint.  Further details can be found via the following link: https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/complaints-reviews-and-appeals/make-complaint

Your complaint will be investigated and a decision provided.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much

Its a pleasure.

Good luck!