Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Hiya I have a parking fine which I have paid,but I parked

Hiya I have a parking fine which I have paid,but I parked the car one day in a place I have used a few times unknown to me the notices for no parking went up whilst the car was parked over a couple of nights. Now I have another one with a different number on.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No I haven't can I do that ??
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do have a blue badge for hubby but the place was there was no signs then

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

I am not with you - are you saying you parked and there were no signs up?
Is this a Council or private fine?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Private

Ok, if they are a member you can appeal to POPLA

https://www.popla.co.uk/

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your appeal for free.

If there were no signs and it was not marked your appeal will be upheld.

If it was the case you simply didn't see the signs, that is a different matter.

If they turn down your appeal you can still refuse to pay.

The Company would then have to take you Court. It would be a small claim and costs are limited.

The Judge can then decide whether you should be ordered to pay any fine and if so, how much.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.