Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have got a Decree Absolute, but during immigration

I have got a Decree Absolute, but during immigration proceedings I was asked for a copy with a judge’s signature. How can I obtain one?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK my divorce is UK based, but the immigration office is in the US. I received an official copy from the Court in London, but it still doesn’t have judge’s signature
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

You gets the official stamped copy of the decree . If you need to provide this document to an overseas authority as evidence of a divorce you may be asked to get an Apostille.

The Apostille is typically issued to this document to verify the authenticity of the court seal or stamp.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I obtain an Apostille?

You can find Apostille for court orders to get the judgement apostilled so that it can be used in US.

You need to google to find the service providers.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.