How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1721
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I had an educational issue, and I am looking for a lawyer to

This answer was rated:

Hello, I had an educational issue, and I am looking for a lawyer to support my case.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I haven't started anything, I think I need to ask for a guide on how to make legal action.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know any lawyer
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
File attached (LL4QQMQ)

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hello,Thank you very much for your reply. Please help me continue to search for a professional lawyer to support my case.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

This is currently an internal matter between you and the university.   While there is a legal dimension to it and instructing a solicitor now may add some value to this matter for you, equally, involving a solicitor at cost may inflame matters further between you and the university.

For now, I suggest that you attend the investigation hearing (accompanied by a fellow-student to observe the hearing and take notes if the university investigation board allows) and present your defence to the charges of plagiarism as best you can and admit to any unintentional mistakes.   You should review in detail the university’s internal policies regarding plagiarism, misconduct, investigation hearings and disciplinary matters against students and familiarise yourself with it prior to the hearing.

Do not get angry or upset with the university as they will only use it against you at a later date and you may say or do something that will prejudice your defence and damage your credibility in the eyes of the board.

If the university find against you and take disciplinary action against you in the form of ejecting you from your course and the university, you MAY have claims for Defamation and Breach of Contract for which you may pursue the university for damages in the form of a refund on your course fees paid and the damage to your reputation.

I recommend that you await the outcome of the hearing and then seek legal advice upon consideration of the result if it goes against you.

You may also lodge a formal complaint with the independent regulator and student advisory body for higher education providers.     These are:

The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (“OFSTED”):;

The Education and Skills Funding Agency:; and

The Office of the Independent Adjudicator:

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Kind regards


Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1721
Experience: Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Ed Turner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Dear Ed,Thank you for your email, your information is very helpful for my case.
I think I did not explain very well yesterday. I have already gone through the university complaint process and the officer of independent adjudicator process. The outcome is unjustified.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I wrote a brief summary of my case, my ultimate goals and my current situation in a word document. Would you like me to send it to you, and you help me to read, consider and to provide suggestions?