How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2362
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My son has been divorced for a year & separated for nearly 3

This answer was rated:

My son has been divorced for a year & separated for nearly 3 years. He still has his name on the mortgage of the house he & his ex-wife lived in. If we die can she claim any money or proceeds from our property. How does he stand if he wants to take out another mortgage please?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property is in Kidlington Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: He doesn’t pay any of the mortgage & she continues with the payment. I think the bank we’re waiting to see if she could continue on her own. She is a primary school teacher.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No! I just want to know if she can claim any of his inheritance. He has mine & my husbands house, his fathers property & my sisters property & money to inherit

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have the finalised the financial agreement through the courts?

Joy Nicholas and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m unsure what you mean!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Which financial agreement through the courts are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I ask why I’ve been offered a phone call & it’s now not possible?