Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My son has been divorced for a year & separated for nearly 3

My son has been divorced for a year & separated for nearly 3 years. He still has his name on the mortgage of the house he & his ex-wife lived in. If we die can she claim any money or proceeds from our property. How does he stand if he wants to take out another mortgage please?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property is in Kidlington Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: He doesn’t pay any of the mortgage & she continues with the payment. I think the bank we’re waiting to see if she could continue on her own. She is a primary school teacher.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No! I just want to know if she can claim any of his inheritance. He has mine & my husbands house, his fathers property & my sisters property & money to inherit

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have the finalised the financial agreement through the courts?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m unsure what you mean!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Which financial agreement through the courts are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I ask why I’ve been offered a phone call & it’s now not possible?