INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have just received my design boards inc my idea. I am

Hi, I have just received my design boards inc my idea. I am eager to have my design patented and wonder the process length, and price
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: I have conducted a global search and have my product designed (by Innovate). I also have NDA's and lots of/too much to process, information
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

an Application for a Patent is normally filed by a Patent Attorney. IApplications typically cost £4,000 and the process usually takes 5 years. There are 8 steps if you apply for patent protection in the UK through the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).

Further details can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/patent-your-invention/decide-to-apply

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you that is helpful to know. Is it possible to make the process quicker?

Unfortunately not.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
For patenting an idea, is it necessary to specifically contact a patent lawyer.

Yes, it is

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck