How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have question And i need help To take some decision, We

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have question And i need help To take some decision
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are living in Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am part-time mom from 12th of April I have 2 daughters, 6 and 8
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a problem with rent a home


Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

What would you like to know today as this will determine whether I can assist you.


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My name is***** i have parental visa now, but will put my documents on Indefinite next week, because of 10 years i am in UK. I am divorce. My kids British citizen. I was renting home with partner, who was financialy responsible. But from now on he left the home and i can't to stay because of my annual salary around 15.000£, not lot. I haven't any Benefits from government, all this 10 years. I was working, i was married, and now looks like i can live on the street, because of my money not a lot for rent the home. Now we live in 3 bed home , next to the kids school, i am not a driver.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want to understand, what can i do in this situation.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Like a single mom without benefits.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I prefer to contact from writing
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is more easy for me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you!

Unfortunately this is out of my expertise therefore i will opt out.


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. Can you advise someone who can help?

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. You state you are divorced, have you come to a financial settlement as yet? Is the father paying child maintenance? Are you ineligible for public funds at present?

Has the landlord served notice on you?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi!!!! Thank you for quick reply!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i am in divorce. Fr9m 6th of August 2020. Officially.

Please answer the other questions I asked, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i have child maintenance from daddy. From June i will receive from him just 98 £ for 2 kids because of pandemic impacts him.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i am ineligible about Public funds
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have parental visa without funds
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But next week i put my documents on Indefinite lift to remain, because of i am 10 years in UK , then i will be eligible

Unfortunately you are obviously in a very difficult position if you have no recourse to public funds, because this will also make you ineligible for assistance from the local authority for rehousing.

If you have not been given a notice to leave the property you are in, you should stay put. You didn't answer that question. The landlord has to give you notice to leave, even if you are in rent arrears, and cannot make you leave without getting an order from the court, which due to the pandemic, even if he was able to apply for one tomorrow, it would likely take several months for the matter to come to court, which with any luck will give you time to resolve your leave to remain. Once you have that you will obviously have the ability to claim public assistance.

It is unfortunate but until you get your ILR, there isn't any assistance available for you which relies on public funds. You can approach the council though, they may be able to give you some guidance on finding appropriate assistance in your local authority area for those in your position.

You could also try getting a second job or increasing your current hours - or making a financial claim against your husband for additional support, though that may not be worthwhile if as you say his income is low.

Can I clarify anything I have written for you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much, i understand my situation, i had guarantor company and my landlord didn't accept it.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I took already additional job and ask selery,
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is anout 21.000 can be per year

As I said, the landlord cannot just tell you to move - he would need a possession order from the court and he has to serve valid notice on you first. That notice is currently four months unless you are four months or more in arrears in which case it is reduced to four weeks, before he can apply to court.

Do your best to pay as much rent as you can and get your ILR application done as soon as you are able.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I understood, thank you so much!!!!

You're very welcome.

I hope everything turns out well for you.

SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience: LLB (Hons)
SASH_Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you