UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am an owner of a small business managing holiday home

Hi i am an owner of a small business managing holiday home lets, one of my properties has been sold and the new owner is refusing to honour the holidays and the old owner told me that it was written into the sales agreement
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: merseyside uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have been contacting the owner who has a contract with me to rent his holiday home and he kept telling me the new buyer was honouring all the holidays today I find out by contacting the estate agent that the new owner had told them and the old owner that he wanted all bookings cancelled I was never told that and I have taken full payment for many holidays into the summer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no not really

I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this. You may sue the new owner for breach of contract for failing to honour the bookings and claiming any damages /claims/losses from him which you incur as a result of you having to cancel your bookings.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have I got any claim over the old owner as he signed the contract with me, the estate agent said that the new buyer made it clear that he wanted the bookings cancelled
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi yes could you answer the above please

Yes, you may make a claim against the old owner if he signed the contract with you unless there was a termination clause in your contract that said your contract with him would terminate if the property was sold.

You may ask the old owner to compensate you for any losses you incur.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would that be through small claims county court

Yes, if your claim is for money up to £10,000. You may file a claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your help

You are most welcome. Good luck

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

All the best