How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19452
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My samsung galaxy s20 has a manufacturing issue that has

This answer was rated:

my samsung galaxy s20 has a manufacturing issue that has been found in many other phones yet they refuse to fix the phone even with my samsung care+, theyre charging me saying that im the one responsible is there anything i can do legally?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: state? as in city? im located in Leicestershire and I'm not receiving any other
consumer protection helping
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive messaged their twitter which didnt help and ive called both their customer solutions and engineers who told me the same thing telling me that im the one who damaged the phone, ive requested a refund on my samsung care which they said they would get back to me on sunday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the damage is an unnatural circular crack in the camera, no other scratches on the phone and hasnt been dropped at all before, they have been other suing for the same reason i've seen online

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Assuming its under 6 years old then under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you can claim significant compensation.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how will I be able to prove that the damage is from their end? I have found many people complaining have screenshots from their complaints and how much do I request as I havent spent any money getting the phone fixed yet but I will need it fixed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They were sued by multiple companies including apple, ''According to law firm Hagens Berman (via XDA), the lawsuit accuses Samsung of fraud, breach of warranty, and violations of several consumer-protection laws.'' I found this also

That should be enough. It’s clearly faulty. Other people have the issues. I hope this helps

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They have told me that there is no where for me to send the pre-action protocol letter and they wont receive it, i'm not sure what my next step should be

You must have an address. Google the Head Office.