How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4810
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

You were helpful last time hopefully you can do the same

This answer was rated:

You were helpful last time hopefully you can do the same this time.I put in a damage claim for £9,750 against a church organisation they sent a settlement figure for £1,250 after speaking to their trustees and didn't give us chance to respond. They just sent the money into my account which has happened for someone else also. I wish to claim the outstanding £8,500 and am thinking of small claims court. I doubt they will not want the pr due to the sensitivity of the case. Would welcome your thoughts

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Please bear with me,I’m will be back shortly.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you get them to refund the call money
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can carry on typing from here
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Extracts from their letter“After careful consideration of the concerns raised in the complaint by the two survivors
and their advocate, the review undertaken, and after considering all the circumstances of
this matter, we recommend that Mr Whiting should be paid a sum of £1,250.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We consider that this sum is commensurate with 5 days of such advisory work at a daily
rate equivalent to that paid in a parallel context. This sum would be payable outside the
scope of the Interim Support Scheme or the redress scheme, once it is in place, and would
not be taken into account as part of any application which they might make.”
I will now ask colleagues to ensure that the payment is made to you as quickly as possible.
I am sure you will understand that I cannot give an exact date of when the sum will reach
your account but I do want to reassure you that I have requested the payment and it will be
in your account at the earliest time possible.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They just came up with this arbitrary figure without us being given a chance to debate this
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Gabriel look forward to receiving your number

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Got it no worries

Currently, ypu,do not have a case against them to seek what you call the outstanding amount.

That amount has never been agreed or accepted as due to you.

Your options are to either accept what they are offering or decline the payment and take out your legal action against them for the amount you feel you,wish to claim for.

Remember, if you loose the case, or even if you win, a court may not award any extra. Yo could also face legal costs for both sides.

I would advice that you visit a local civil litigation law firm as a private client and seek person legal advice on this matter. I can only provide general,advice here not person private advice.

If you take the case further and loose or a court rules in your favour,  the court could as I say still award costs to,the other side especially if the court does not increase the amount etc. You could end up,paying not only your own costs but also those for,the other side.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks no worries

Your welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No that's fine thanks

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.: