MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

Ben. I worked in Scotland for five years and had a will

Good evening, Ben.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I worked in Scotland for five years and had a will drafted by a Scottish solicitor in Dundee. I returned home to Surrey in 2013 but the will remains in draft form. Is it valid in England, please?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sadly, both my wife and daughter are both now deceased so I have yet to identify who should inherit my estate.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I hope to marry again but due COVID-19, my lady friend is stuck in the Ukraine and I can't go there. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Good morning, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear that you have lost your family. A will must be signed and witnessed to be valid, in England this requires two witnesses and just one in Scotland. If you are in England now then you need to sign it in the presence of two witnesses for it to be upheld.

Marian

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for responding to me and for the advice.

Thank you, ***** ***** need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at the moment, thank you.

Thank you, ***** ***** good weekend.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are welcome.