james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Family law, London, Nine. Have enquiry None, I will tell

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Family law
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nine. Have enquiry None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I will tell them
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, so my wife has two children from a previous relationship. Their dad wants to take them on holiday with his new girlfriend who my wife has never met. She is not comfortable with this and I'd like to find out where we stand legally here. They both have parental responsibility and spend approx half the week with us and him.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Are they looking to take them away on holiday in the U.K. or out of the country?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi James, Out of the country

Then without your wives permission they cannot take the children out of the country unles they obtain a court order.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. What would the courts view on something like this be? I'm guessing the same would apply in reverse if we wanted to take them away?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If it went to a court order

Yes the same principle would apply.

The court may well agree to an order. The child would be with a parent, and nothing to say that the new partner is unfit or the child will be mistreated.

I can understand reluctance during COVID and uncertainty as to whether isolation will be needed on return.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.