james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was caught with class a drugs, I was not charged, saturday

hi, i was caught with class a drugs
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: I was not charged
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: saturday 5th june, i went for an interview on the 6th
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: they mentioned it would be a caution

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Where you arrested or did you attend as a voluntary attender?

Who much drug did you have.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hi JamesI was caught in possession or 3 wraps, it come to 2 grams and it was for personal use. It was taken off of me and I went to the statuon to be interviewed the next day. I did not ask for a lawyer, I admitted fault
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The officer mentioned a caution but he needed his sargeant to approve
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What are the chances anything bad will happen
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also it was voluntary
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hi?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had three wraps on me and it was around 2 grams

Because you were not arrested, it is dealt with a little different.

Had you been arrested then after interview and before you were released the custody sgt could issue a caution.

However, as you attended as a voluntary attender, what will happen is that the officer who interviewed you, will now submit the file to to be reviewed. Your admission will be considered. If your first offence for possession of class A, then it is possible that you would be offered a caution. If that happens, you will be given a time to attend the station so that the caution can be given and signed and that would be the end of the matter.

However, if a decision is made to prosecute you for possession, then you would  normally receive a summons in the post with a court date.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is my first offence ever. Do you think a caution is likely?

Yes, if you made full admission and first offence, then a caution is very possible.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Being not a large amount of drugs
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you think they may try to arrest

No, ypu have already been interviewed so no need to arrest. They will either offer a caution, or issue a summons to court.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would I go to jail if I went court
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Or is there any possibility I would go jail
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Or as it’s possession and a small amount would the worse be a fine
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry, I was interviewed by a police officer. He mentioned his sargeant was on holiday so needs him to approve my caution. Is that likely
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello?

Yes the caution is very possible.
Wurst case at court for a first time offender early guilty plea, very small amount for personal use would be a fine, or a low level community order at worst.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay excellent and what are your thoughts on this. If the police office recommends a caution to his sargeant, is he likely to agree

Based on what your have said, yes that is most likely.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That is great thanks for your help

Your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.