james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Is online marriage legal in the UK or Greece, No, This is

Is online marriage legal in the UK or Greece
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: This is about marriage
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry to have to inform you, but no, online marriage is not allowed.

Marriage is a very serious commitment, that requires, planing, applications, and attendance in person with witnesses.

It is not the same as online dating and social media chat.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. Because of all the covid lockdown we are being trying to get married for 1 and 6 months. Our wedding was suppose to be May last year but because of the pandemic it was cancelled. Now there is an online marriage service based in Uter in America that claim it can be done via them and apostle so it will be legal. We have lived together for 2 years, so this is not on line dating or chat.

That may be so in the USA but not where you were asking about.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.