How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 29193
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My wife and I need to have our ID notarised to reactivate a

This answer was rated:

My wife and I need to have our ID notarised to reactivate a bank account in Kenya; how much would you charge please
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: We line in Dorset and the account is in Kenya
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have confirmed with the bank the requirement and have the documentation required. We are enquiring to better understand cost
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I dont think so

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I confirm if you have ascertain precisely the requirements of the bank in this respect please? Have they advise that you simply require your ID certified by a UK solicitor or have they mentioned further requirements in this respect?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
The stated requirement from the bank was: the forms (Standard Chartered Banking internal forms) and the ID (passports used during account opening and current passport if different) notarised by a public notary

thank you. I suspected as much as it is typical for foreign entities to require more than notarisation by a solicitor. Where this is the case as appears to be the case here, you would need to contact a specialist former solicitor known as a notary public which is a solicitor that is undertaken additional qualifications in respect of foreign documents. You can find a list of notary publics from the following link can arrange an appointment with them and negotiate a fee for provision of the service you require:

Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Joshua, Thank you. That is very clear.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.