12826847

On 21 June i have to attend Court for not sending off my

On 21 June i have to attend Court for not sending off my driving licence with my cheque! At the time of filling out the form i was not aware i had to enclose my license as this was not problem. Unaware what was to come next i then received a Plea in the post, which i had no idea what it was about & caused considerable stress considering my personal circumstances i.e. i work for the airline industry & have been on furlough since april last year, which has put a lot of pressure on my finances. As well as taking anti depressants because i could not longer cope with my life due to Covid. I live with my elderly parents, who's father suffers from vascular dementia. I'm now getting very anxious about this Court case because i'm made to feel like i'm a criminal. When i could have simply put my licence in the post to be amended. I now don't know whether to plead guilty because this would make i deliberately left my license out to avoid being punished when this was not the case. I look forward to your reply.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: On 21 June i have to attend Court for not sending off my driving licence with my cheque! At the time of filling out the form i was not aware i had to enclose my license as this was not problem. Unaware what was to come next i then received a Plea in the post, which i had no idea what it was about & caused considerable stress considering my personal circumstances i.e. i work for the airline industry & have been on furlough since april last year, which has put a lot of pressure on my finances. As well as taking anti depressants because i could not longer cope with my life due to Covid. I live with my elderly parents, who's father suffers from vascular dementia. I'm now getting very anxious about this Court case because i'm made to feel like i'm a criminal. When i could have simply put my licence in the post to be amended. I now don't know whether to plead guilty because this would make i deliberately left my license out to avoid being punished when this was not the case. I look forward to your reply.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What is the offence please?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi, Speeding I.e going slightly over 40 mph by an average speed camera.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Why have I just been charged £44??
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I don’t want to be charged £44 can I revert back to messaging please