JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Could my question please be directed to JimLawyer as he is

Dear Sir/Madam,
Could my question please be directed to JimLawyer as he is conversant with my ongoing legal problem. Thank you. John Moulder BrownDear *****, Having now received the claimant’s and my bundle from the claimant I would like to write to the claimant as drafted below. Is it correct for me to say that I have an “ongoing duty of evidence submission”, and is it possible for me to submit any further documentation.
Thank you for your email of the 9 June with the Mimecast claimant trial bundle with my bundle as submitted to you on the 4 June 2018 at the Goodman Derrick offices in London attached.
I will of course continue to search my documentation in my ongoing duty of evidence submission and forward to you any evidence that I believe is relevant to my defense of your claim and further illuminate the documentation you have submitted.
Yours sincerely,

Hello, this is Jim and welcome back to JustAnswer.

Yes, they do though I would word it as "they have an ongoing duty of disclosure) which is the case for both parties. So if you come in to more evidence or they do, you have to disclose it as soon as possible. If you held any evidence back they will argue you ambushed them at the hearing and the judge may not let the new evidence in. As the parties need to be on an even playing field and the courts deal with cases "justly", as per CPR rule 1 and the Overriding Objective.
Your draft looks fine to me so yes, go ahead and send it to them.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks Jim. My best wishes, John
My pleasure