Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Concerns Leasehold property As an owner employing an agent

Concerns Leasehold property
As an owner employing an agent to manage a flat do I have to give my phone number to the managing agent or can it just be the my agents number?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

1. It is perfectly acceptable to give the number of your agents to the managing agent of a block of flats if you are employing an agent to manage the flat for you.  Don´t feel coerced into giving your own number if you don´t want to provide this.  Essentially, so long as you provide a number, and you will be notified of any call, then this is sufficient.  The law does not require you to provide your personal number in this situation.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No thank you I was hoping for an answer by text please

2.  If you require any clarification arising from the answer or if there is any issue arising from the question, I am happy to help further with your queries.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you I did not read this properly most helpful

3.  You are welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.  Have a good day.