Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have bean with a company called the boiler company. Any

Hi I have bean with a company called the boiler company. Any they have bean sending letters to me saying I had boiler cover with them. And to pay them 159. 50. I call them and said I did have cover with them it’s all way bean with British Gas. So I pay 159.50 on the 27th of may on the phone. And they have sent me a letter today saying I have 7 days to pay the 159.50. Or I am going to court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sore I am Andrew McDonald
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Called them and all they say is I owe the money. It’s payed to a company I have never bean with
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have never had boiler cover. With this company. Called the boiler company. And they have send me 5 letters saying I have to pay them 159.50. But I have never had cover with them

Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

It could be that this is simply a case of mistaken identity and that they are pursuing the wrong person. Alternatively it could be an administrative error hat they believe you have cover with them. Either way, you should try and get to the bottom o this and ask them to prove when the alleged cover was taken out and ask them to supply you with the signed agreement which started the cover policy with them. If they ignore you or they cannot provide that, tell them that you will treat further correspondence by them as harassment as they are not pursuing a genuine debt, you have told them you have no cover with them and they have failed to provide any evidence to back it up.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.