Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have had a large bag of linen laundry lost by a company

I have had a large bag of linen laundry lost by a company that I used, it's been a week now and heard nothing. Can I make a claim against them?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newquay,Cornwall
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Phoned,emailed many times.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats all, thanks.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Based on what you have said, I do not think you can claim more than £25,000 in damages.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Super thank you!

My pleasure

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jamie, is this letter ok?reakers Guest House*****Newquay
Cornwall TR7 1QJ
0781(###) ###-####
12 June 2021
The Laundry Team
Unit 2, Cooksland Industrial Estate
Bodmin
Cornwall
PL31 2QBTo whoever it may concern,
Last week, Saturday 5th June your delivery driver left my clean Laundry in the porch without informing me.
Upon opening my bags, I found 1 of them was not my laundry but someone else’s white flat sheets.
I phoned and spoke to Sarah and explained everything to her but have not had a response or my missing laundry returned to me.
I am therefore asking for compensation for said lost laundry as listed below:-6no white single fitted sheets @ £15 each
5no white double fitted sheet @ £22 each
30no white pillow cases @ £6 each
4no grey pillow case @6 each
9no pattern pillow case @ £5 each
9no mocha pillow case @ £5 each
1no white super king duvet set @ £55
4no white single duvet sets @ £35 eachTotal cost to be paid £689This is to be paid within 30 days or I will be taking this to the courts.
Yours sincerely,
Matt Corbett

Yes, that is fine.

I hope that helps