How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4730
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Received a letter from old address that a case filed against

This answer was rated:

Hi, received a letter from old address that a case filed against me. I'm not in UK at the moment. How can the case push through?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Received a letter from old address today. I was advised
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No steps yet

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

is this a criminal or civil case.?

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It is not mentioned if its civil or criminal.May I pls ring?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry, it's civil
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi will you be able with my enquiry?

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Does it say what it is in connection with?

Is a a money claim?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi I would a commercial dispute solicitor to handle my case in UK

I understand. I cannot do that on this site, as here is for general advice only, not person legal representation

You would need to find and instruct a law firm to act for you on a private client basis.

If you have received court papers, then it should name the court dealing with the case. I would advice instructing a local form to the court, this will reduce costs you will incur in travel and waiting times etc.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
How do I find out which court will it be?

Is the letter from the court? Or a law firm?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.

Then you can ask them what court they are dealing with, it is likely to be the local court to where they are located. That would be the starting point.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ok thank you. How do I find a good lawyer that will have a lot of experience on the matter. There are so many on the list

It really is a matter of luck.
Fond a firm that you like the look of.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ok tnx

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you James

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi James, the claims are all events happened outside UK. Plaintiff implicating me in UK because their head office in UK.Contract was in Asia. Is that even possible to do it in UK. All claims are fabricated it can be defended but I do not have means

Sorry that is not my area international claims, you would need to ask that again sorry.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you

Your welcome.