How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 334
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

Am the freeholder of a Victorian house converted into three

This answer was rated:

Dear sir/madam,am the freeholder of a Victorian house converted into three flats the other two flats have leases of 140 years but currently both are down to 125 years. one of the flats has asked if I could increase this to 999 years .
if I agree to this what can I charge them?

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. The following link can help you calculate a fair price:

You should also include at least £3,000 for the legal fees for solicitors to draft the lease extension and undertake the work on the lease extension. Often in practice what a landlord charges for the lease extension is a negotiation between the parties.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Matthew , thanks for your quick response . Much appreciated Adrian Maha.

Glad to be off assistance, I wish you all the best.

MatthewM1117 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you