UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need help with a legal investment, london, none, no

i need help with a legal investment
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi - I have a situation that I need help with, please. I have a clothing brand online and was approached by an "Investor" through my website. Quite an unusual situation but a large sum of money (13 million) belongs to an elderly man abroad who is terminally ill and wants to invest his money into a UK company in order for it to gain a return so it can be passed onto his children when they are old enough as he is no longer able to manage the funds. They wanted to approach a female in London (me) who would manage the investments for the family and also act a carer. I am of course extremely sceptical of scams so immediately thought so as it is such large amount of money. However they then sent a bunch of legal documents a contract and the mans passport for me to look over so has made it look very legitimate. They have not asked me for any money or anything like that but have simply asked if I would be interested in using the money as an investment and if so it will be paid to my account after meeting with his advisor in Spain at the bank to sign off the documents.I know this sounds completely ridiculous, but could you please take a glace at these forms and documents and perhaps tell me if this is legitimate and if this is something worth doing or a total joke? The investment would of course be incredible for my brand if so.Thanks so much,Emily

Hello Emily,

I am a solicitor.

Are you being asked to pay anything to this person? I have a feeling you are being targeted by a scam artist.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello! I haven't been asked to pay anything, at the time only to send a screen shot of my LTD company certificate. Of course the second I am asked to pay something I know its a scam as have had so many before. This is why I am so confused as to why they would send actual real documents and passports. Have you had a chance to look at them? I also just had a 20 minute call with his "solicitor" in south Africa who explained everything in greater detail.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This was the initial email I received...Hi Emily,I understood the irregular nature of this task, which is the reason my secretary went for you (a lady), knowing that humility is required when relocating a 70 year old man, three teenagers and US$13,750,000.00 to a new country.You being directly involved in their affairs is part of the idea and by managing the funds until his grandchildren are aged enough to take over. The eldest is still 13 year old and their mother is no more. Am not saying you have to be their mother, but as a guardian you deciding the help the need around them.The funds are legally owned by Mr. Ibnu and was earned from a normal day-by-day product sales and marketing. The funds are backed with a certificate of origin issued by Rina Certification Services (a UN and European Union joint licensed certification agency).The Silent Partnership Agreement am working on is going to be a binding instrument on handing over of Mr. Ibnu’s funds to you. Once the funds are handed over to you in Paris and confirmed into your bank account, the Ibnus will leave to UK within two weeks time.I strongly trust and believe you have the capacity to deliver this mandate. It’s really interesting and profitable.I have being observing a case since morning, same number is ***** whatsApp. Add me up and give me your number. I will send the silent partnership agreement to you later today. Our website has been down for nearly a year now.
Thanks for your understanding.***** *****GREEN SOLICITORS
“specialists in our practice areas”
Phone +27-73-9311195

I am afraid this has all the hallmarks of a scam. You should stop all contact with them and report the mater to Action Fraud Police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

May I help further?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's okay, thanks for your help!

You are welcome.

All the best