How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13246
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

We live adjacent to a small construction site and are being

This answer was rated:

We live adjacent to a small construction site and are being constantly bombarded with excessive noise . We have contacted the local authorities on numerous occasions and provided video evidence to them so far nothing has been done. However they did serve a CWN on the developers concerning uncontrolled dust levels. This is driving us and other neighbours absolutely crazy and have no quality of life right now as the problem is persistent throughout the day.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have submitted numerous complaints and videos to the local authorities over the past two or three months.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Northampton
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A skip has been sited immediately behind our house and is overflowing. Diggers regularly crush or compound the debris down in attempts to get more room. The noise of which is horrendous plus dust is being caused through these actions

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  I would recommend that you take out an injunction based on the law of nuisance prohibiting the operator of the construction site from operating it in a manner where there is excessive noise and dust emanating from the site.  This is your remedy in this instance as otherwise you will be at a loss and nothing will happen.  So, you should get together a number of the persons affected and make provision for legal costs to get an injunction.  See a solicitor and hire a barrister to take out an injunction for nuisance to prevent the continuance of the current state of affairs. Ultimately, you will succeed in your remedy of an injunction and some change will occur in the operation of the construction site.

2.  If you require any clarification or if there is additional information you require, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.

Buachaill and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you

3.  You are welcome.