Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

We used a courier to collect a bike and deliver it for

We used a courier to collect a bike and deliver it for repair. The bike had a fault but was only 2 months old and in good repair. I paid £39 for £2000 of cover . When the bike arrived at destination for repair it was a wreck and total write off something had obviously driven over it. I went back to the courier who will only communicate through email and after 6 weeks backwards and fowards sending the same info several times ie proof of purchase reciepts photo of amount taken out of bank they gave me 2 options send bike back thru their courier at their cost and recieve ££2000 or keep bike and recieve £1600 we agreed to return bike on 31 aug and it was collected and they confirmed it had been collected was told £2000 would be paid into paypal account on 1 Sep this is in email . No payment recieved and now they wont respond to messages any more just say will let you know when payment is made. Is this breach of contract is it fraud what rights do I have . Sue
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: We are in England the courier company was called Bike Delivery but they seem to be under the umbrella of Paisley Freight
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ive been in touch with trading standards who told me in first instance to send 7 day response letter which I did which is when they confirmed they would pay the claim.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont think so

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

For background - what was make model and age of bike? what was the repair needed?

and even after you sent letter they still havnt paid?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It was a giant talon electric bike 2 months old it needed a correction to the soft wear but as I say arrived at shop total write off

The new Moneyclaim beta system is easy to use: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

the new system is much better than the old government Gateway system.

You can prepare the proceedings now, at your leisure, save them, and then just pay the fee and press the button when the deadline in your letter before action, expires.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Didnt tell me anything I didnt already know

That’s because the answer is the answer and there is no magic solution.  Also, as you appreciate, if you don’t tell us what you already know, that we have to give you everything from the beginning and sometimes the answer is exactly the same as you already know it’s just that people very often look for a different angle and that isn’t one and that’s the situation here.  There is no more to what you already know if you know what I’ve already told you.  Kind regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What is going on you have taken £5 off me then £44 for a 5 minute phone call now £50 this needs to be refunded as I did not have any more service from you and did not authorise it. Please refund immediately
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have not accepted or want any calls from you

You have probably seen a pop-up offering you the chance of a telephone call at an extra cost.  It is up to you whether you have a telephone call or not but do bear in mind that a 15-30 minute telephone call covers an awful lot of ground and you can get an awful lot of information in that time.  So you can ignore it or go ahead or go ahead later.  It’s your choice.

Meanwhile, we can carry on on here.

I will refer this to customer services for you and you might want to do the same yourself.

Try this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

or this one

***@******.***