How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 573
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

Can I hold a company van for wages etc owing to me and my

Customer Question

Can I hold a company van for wages etc owing to me and my son
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Edmonton london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No one at the office wants to talk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can explain better on the phone
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.

Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you were not paid. Generally, no. You would need to take legal action in the small claims court against the debt.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.

If you need any help with your small claim court matter - feel free to ask me here. I am happy to help.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

This is how you make a claim: in the small claims court. Before you do it, please send a letter before claim. Here are some templates:

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to come back with anything else. I am happy to help to the extent I can.