ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Can a historic grievance raised against me 5 years ago (not

Customer Question

Can a historic grievance raised against me 5 years ago (not upheld) be referenced in a current grievance?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have been interviewed, i am to be reinterviewed next week. The investigator has reviewed my personnel file and referenced a not upheld grievance as a reference for me to go through to disciplinary as in his opinion it shows history
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i need general advice regarding disciplinary where they are using balance of probability but not actual evidence
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

No it should not as it was not upheld. You should being this to the attention of HR prior to or during the meeting.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Even if the person raising the current grievance has referenced it?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

The previous one should not be used adversely against you if as you say it was not upheld.