ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My lady friend is in Russian prison is there any help to get

Customer Question

My lady friend is in Russian prison is there any help to get her out. The investigator wants £10.000 to drop the case which shouldn't be a case
JA: Where is your friend? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Moscow
JA: What steps has your friend taken so far?
Customer: My friend was coming to see me on Monday 30th August but going through customs she was pulled in because her parents wanted her to bring this icon mother of god which apparently is accent because it a religion of Russia apparently it not allowed to leave Russia her parents didn't know anything about this law now olga is in prison and has been given till the 20th September to get £10.000 and the investigator will drop the case
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I will send your the messages that olga has sent me it awful and shocking
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I will send you all the messages that olga has sent me
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is there any help we can do
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

If she is a British citizen then this is something that could possibly be brought to the attention of the authorities here. If she is not, then she would need to instruct a lawyer in Russia to assist. I would not however recommend making any payments as this is not a guarantee that she will be released.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Well she Russian and she was coming to the uk to be with me to live.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

I understand. However it is very unusual for someone to be asked to pay money over to an investigator without the matter going to court. I would not therefore recommend making payments. Additionally, I recommend having a Solicitor in Russia that you have contacted look into this for you.