INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am rendering my house which involves a spray rendering

Customer Question

I am rendering my house which involves a spray rendering process. One wall of the house is very close to the boundary of a caravan park which has a caravan on the boundary.Whilst every effort will be made to shield that side ie debris screening placed on scaffolding, What are my responsibilities in terms of the caravan.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The work is taking place in October. Scaffolding will be fitted with debris screening.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have the caravan owners refused to move it?

How close is it to the boundary?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The caravan is static and cannot be moved. Our relationship with the caravan park owner is poor and therefore we do not wish to be in a position where we may get some render on the caravan.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The caravan is i.5 meters from the boundary
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
1.5 metres
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are we legally required to inform the caravan park owner that the work is taking place? Are they responsible for protecting their own property. I am happy to take insurance but just want to know what our legal position is.
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

You would be liable for any damage to their caravan and should take all precautions to ensure no render ends up on their caravan. In the event it does, it should be cleaned off immediately to avoid any damage.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck.