james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am unsure as to whether I should press a charges after an

Customer Question

I am unsure as to whether I should press a charges after an altercation last night
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the club owner took down my details and told me to think about it and let her know whether she should report it to the police the man slapped me across my face multiple times/ though I was not injured I want some sort of compensation however I don’t know what to do about it since I’m only an 18 year old girl not sure what can be done
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

sorry to hear what happened, glad you were not injured.

Yes, I would advice that you go ahead and report this to the police. As a minimum it is an offence of common assault.

The person can be prosecuted and the court can award compensation to you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What would the process be of me pressing charges after I file a report
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What will it cost me?

There would be no cost to you.

Ypu don’t actually press charges, that is something form TV.

You are the victim of an assault. You make a formal complaint to the police, they investigate and the crown prosecution service charge and prosecute. You don’t instruct lawyers the CPS represent you.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Perfect thank you so much I will do that

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Because it was so aggressive for no reason

I fully understand. Good luck.