james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Does an officer on the front desk have to disclose their PC

Customer Question

Does an officer on the front desk have to disclose their PC number?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newquay
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Can I ring you from my end it might be clearer that way
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Well a issue is that he's homess and I know him by first name only I also think he's disbetic
Expert:  james bruce replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If a person working in the police station is a police officer, or a police community support officer, then their number would actually be shown on their uniform.

Many police forces however, do you civilian staff on front deck duties to take initial enquiries and to free up officers, the civilian staff do not always have numbers and certainly would not have what you call a PC number simply because they are not police officers.

If you have had a problem with a person staffing the front deck at the police station, then you should write a formal letter of complaint to the chief constables office for the force in question, in this case Devon and Cornwall constabulary. Set out the time and date and what the issue was so that they can look into your complaint and reply back to you.

I hope this addresses your question regarding a PC number.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.