james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have booked 3 nights in Cincinnati and have had an esta

Customer Question

I have booked 3 nights in Cincinnati and have had an esta denied do I have any way I can get into the states from Canada I shall be arriving by car to the states via Toronto can you help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just upset I've done nothing just a denial after only two hours
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I'm upset because I was planning to go to a football match if the borders shut that's different
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Although the boarder is now open to US citizens to cross between US and Canada, it is not open for any other nationality at the moment.

Canada is allowing travel into Canada for US citizens but the USA is not open boarder for the opposite.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the border is surpassed to be opening on the 23rd of September I am going on the 7th of October can there be a reason for my denial
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have already paid 50pounds
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
all I want to know is will I be refused entry

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

A proposed opening and an actual opening are two different things.

You could be refused entry for a number of reasons it really is top to the man on the boarder control. Only citizens have an automatic right of entry.

When you say the ESTA was denied, do you mean the ESTA application was refused? if so, you would need to obtain a visa to travel.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
but I'm going by road from Canada to use
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
does that make any difference

It makes no difference how you enter the USA, road, plane or ship, the same laws apply.

You need either an ESTA or a VISA to enter the USA, if the ESTA has been denied then you are going to require a full tourist visa.