How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I divorced in UK. We have consent order but my ex husband

Customer Question

I divorced in UK. We have consent order but my ex husband went back to Poland and said to me that he is not going to fulfill promise in consent order. Is consent order from UK valid in Poland?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No because promise is for children when they will be 18 years old
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: It is not relevant
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am just going to read through your initial post to see what your legal query is. I may have to ask you some additional questions before I am able to provide a response. Is that all right for you?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Does the consent order apply to property and finances that are in the UK, or elsewhere?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Consent order is for children only. Promise is that he will pay 12500 pound each child when reach 18
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
We live in UK. He lives in Poland.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Older one is 13 years old and youngest 9 years old. We divorced in 2019 before Brexit
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Is this an order sealed by the court?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it is
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Then it is enforceable - however, wherever he is, if he doesn't pay it, you will need to return to court to enforce it. And you'll need to get the enforcement served on him by the country he is in.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I paid him 25000 pounds and he promised to give those money back to children when they will be 18 years old.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Even if UK is not longer in EU?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

The UK leaving the UK doesn't make English orders invalid.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

If you think the father will renege on the agreement, you can try to re-open the case now and see if you can get the money repaid now.

You'll need a solicitor and can find one here:

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
OK. Thank You very much for your help in this matter
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

You're very welcome.

All the best.