james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am facing charges of possession with intent to supply, I

Customer Question

I am facing charges of possession with intent to supply, I was arrested on 24 december 2019, and have just recieved notification to attend court at the end of the month, I attended interview whereby I cooperated and verified the drugs were mine, but not for supply,
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: st. Austell, cornwall
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: had duty solicitor, who advised me to cooperate, which i did, and have been anxiously waiting since
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was stopped for speeding, had the drugs in my car, was going to my girlfriends, was going through a bitter divorce, had £980 cash, which i had withdrawn from bank earlier that day, for my childrens christmas, was advised in interview if i could probe this, i could have it back, they raided my house, took a safe, containing nothing but legal papers, found nothing else, gave passcode for phone, and combinationnfor safe, have no previous drug offences
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What were the drugs, and what quantity was there.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If you were found with a quantity of drugs and a pile of cash, then it would appear to the police to be possession with intent to supply.

Phones etc are normal to be seized in such cases.

If you can prove that you were not supplying and the drugs were for own use, and can show where the money came from, them enter a not guilty plea to the charge and go to trial.

Your solicitor will advice you on this and arrange for a barrister to represent you at court.

I hope this helps answer the question.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.