plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Please find attached the 3 pages on my late mother’s Will, I

Customer Question

Please find attached the 3 pages on my late mother’s Will, I am here eldest son and am age of 39. I have no contact with my father, however, a few days ago I was told as we’re my brothers that we should have recibed money’s when we became 30 years old, apart from my late mothers ring i was left does this will (as I can’t understand it) mention anywhere that my brothers and I should have received some moneys at 30?
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Good morning and thank you for the question. I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review the document and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

I'm assuming that your father is still alive, or at least that he survived your mother.

At paragraph 6, he was to inherit the entirety of her estate.

The following paragraphs ONLY applied if he did not survive her, at which point all of the other clauses would have followed, with her estate being held in trust for you and your siblings and managed by trustees in your interests as set out thereafter.

The reference to age 30 comes in this section of the will.

Assuming your father did inherit everything as per paragraph 6, there would be nothing to come to you at age 30 as this entire provision for the trust was to be only triggered if your father did not survive your mother.

Can I clarify anything further today?

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter