How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8325
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

There.I have found out that my husband (66) is in

Customer Question

Hi, there.I have found out that my husband (66) is in relationship with (26) years old man whom has a criminal record and my husband is helping him financially and buying his things like furniture, food etc.I think that he is involved even in getting him a flat because lots of our jewelry is missing- I know that my husband took them to the pawn broker. I have found a letter, written by my husband- it's falls statement- don't know where the letter was sent to.In the letter is lots of lies- he is trying to convince someone how lovely is this 26 years old man which is not true+ he was in the court for attacking people at the train station etc.In return for all the help to this individual,my husband is getting dirty sexual pleasure from this man- perverse.what can I do please, how can I report my husband and the man to the police.? Regards
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Good morning.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Can you perhaps clarify a couple of points for me:

1. What crime do you say that your husband and/ or this man have committed?

2. What outcome are you looking for? Are you wanting to divorce your husband?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Writing this falls statement-is not enough? That is not against the law!!?? He wrote in the letter things like- the man transformed our garden,done so many things in n the house,was very helpful which non of them are true.My husband is just trying to make him as a nice guy so when he went to court he would have better chance to get out of it with better I mentioned the things he was buying for his lover,he was using my money too.missing jewellery - doing it behind my back, still not enough? This man was homeless apparently and now he is in flat suddenly- how come? There is obvious that my husband is paying for lots of things ( with my money too). Yes I am going to divorce him, I have appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday.All I wanted to achieve is to point at both of them that they are ( especially my husband) doing something against the law but maybe this is not enough to report him, so let him just carry on and break the law even more.
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid I don't think he has broken the law. It's entirely unpleasant, absolutely, and dishonest. You are right to seek a divorce and you will have grounds to divorce your husband on account of his behaviour.

But it's not against the law to say nice things about someone, if you believe them to be true. It sounds like your husband is perhaps 'blind' to the reality of this person, for obvious reasons.

It's also not against the law to go behind your back or to pay for things in the way that he has done - all possessions in a marriage are considered joint possessions and each of you is free to do what you like with them. It's totally unreasonable, but not against the law.

I hope that this clarifies the point for you?

I would perhaps suggest that if you have a way to move any financial assets into a separate account, to prevent your husband spending any more money on this man, then you would be entitled do this.

Otherwise you have no way of controlling what your husband spends money on.

When you go through divorce, your financial assets will need to be separated and you will raise his conduct with the court to make sure that you get a fair share of the joint assets that remain.

Can I assist you further today?

Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter