How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 630
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

Can I have help how to write appeal to court, Cheshire, I

This answer was rated:

Hi Can I have help how to write appeal to court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cheshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I make application to make appeal to court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I just need help to write appeal to court

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?

Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 630
Experience: Expert
MatthewM1117 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good morning I make appeal on my case in court and need help to file an appeal bundle Its my first time to contact court and I don't know how to write where I can find appeal bundle

Thank you for the confirmation,which court are you appealing to?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi I appealing to High Court appeal centre liverpool
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I was on another call can I have your number

Thank you for the clarification, this is outside the scope of my expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to pick this up.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Do you know what time I can have answer

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Part 52 and Practice Direction 52B of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 govern the appeals process from the County Court.   For your appeal to be allowed, you must persuade the court that the judge at first instance made an error of fact or law in reaching their decision.   An appeal is not necessarily a retrial of the case; it is firstly a “second opinion” by a higher court that the judge in the lower court interpreted the facts and the law correctly in reaching their decision.

If the Judge did not expressly give permission for you to appeal and/or give a deadline to appeal at the conclusion of the county court trial when they handed down the judgment, then the timeline to lodge the appeal is 21-days.   Clearly, if judgment was handed down over six weeks ago, then you are significantly out of time to lodge the appeal.   I can only suggest that you include in your application to appeal, a request for the application to be heard out of time under PD52B Section III on the basis that you received the court order with judgment following trial late or not at all due to the national “lockdowns” over the global Covid-19 pandemic.   Hopefully, the court will have some sympathy with you and allow your application to proceed out of time.

Your application to appeal must be made on Court Form N161 or, in respect of a Small Claim, Form N164, and give clear reasons for the appeal.   As advised above, you must state why you consider the judge at first instance to have erred in fact and/or law in reaching their decision, as opposed to asking the appeal court to “have another look at the claim”.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi LawyerEd
Thank you for your email
Im still in time scale till today
If you can point me in right forms I need to fill to make appeal bundle or do I just write like a letter to court I saw many examples of appeals online and really don't know which way I need to write to court.Kind Regards
Matt Stepien

This is a complicated matter which requires a detailed discussion where I can provide bespoke advice.   I suggest that we have a detailed telephone discussion and can offer a Premium Service Phone Call.  If you accept, I can pass you my direct contact details for a bespoke document review and telephone advice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Ed
Offer its accepted

It looks like you already had a conversation with another expert earlier today.   Therefore, I cannot accept the site's offer.   Please start a new thread, request me and I will put through another offer.

Please message our site Moderators in respect of payment and billing queries as Experts have no control over these matters.   You should use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of your page or use this link to contact Customer Services:

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
or just phone me on***********and I can make payment via phone

Under my Just Answer Expert Agreement, I cannot provide Customers any direct contact details or information about my law firm’s charges.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How can I make another case with this site so you can pick this up