12826847

Heya I've been assaulted on the 27/th of August, In my home

Customer Question

Heya I've been assaulted on the 27/th of August
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In my home Sleeping with my dog And my Housemate came in with another guy trying to hide golfbats in the back
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None Idk what to do I was knocked in the head and I only started to remember after 3 days I did feel rly bad though
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Can you give me all the background to this matter please - also did you report to Police?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I did not report it becouse I don't have evidence
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I was atacked while sleeping on the 28'th of August by my Housemate and one other guy
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The guy sneaked behind my back and hit me with golf club and I remember being knocked out
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I woke up when they tried to hurt my dog and said noooo leave the dog and got knocked out
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
They used my fingerprint to get through my phone
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
went to passwords and then got in the laptop
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I don't know what they were looking for
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I bought cameras after that but was a little to late
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Ok, so what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is there any way I can gather evidence? I suspect my Housemate has more photos of me or videos and has shared them with other people .After that day the next week at work everybody was laughing at me.i had a few days off becouse I couldn't cope with it.I am verry depressed and feel like I can't go on with life
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

The reality is that you can either prove an assault or you can’t. Its not like drugs supply where you can look at telephone evidence. Either you have the evidence or you don’t. If you don’t then you don’t sadly.

But you can protect yourself with footage for the future.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is there any way to tell the police that they might have and using videos of me to change the way people see me?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Or any way my colleagues from work made to tell where they got the information from?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Not really because they are allowed to do that.