MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I rent an office space, when i went to use it, two people i

Customer Question

I rent an office space, when i went to use it, two people i do not know was in my office sitting down using my space.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Croydon
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None i dont know hiw to deal with matter, plus im hurt be whats happened.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's rented in the bme center croydon
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Does your rental agreement provide that you have sole usage of the office space? Have you informed the landlord?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can email u the contract, he was said to have told one of the persons, that it was ok for them to be in there.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Yes you can send a copy and I will review the same.

You can attach the contract using the paperclip icon.

Good morning, if the contract provides that you have exclusive use of the office space the landlord would be in breach of contract. I would advise that you inform the landlord that you do not wish for other persons to be allowed access to your office space. It is always best to try and resolve the matter informally before taking any further steps.

If this fails you could make an application to the court, for specific performance,  a it is unlikely that damages would be an adequate remedy.The orders for specific performance would relate to the exclusivity of the use of the office space.

However before going down this route it is probably best to explore alternative dispute resolution, by using either professional mediation, arbitration, or expert determination.  Each have their own advantages and disadvantages, if a dispute ends up in court, the judge will usually look at whether the parties tried alternative dispute resolution first.